Friday, September 3, 2010

completely out of order

the pictures, that is. notice, this isn't my rad part III post. but i'll get to it, i swear. i just had tons of pictures to document from our 2 month trip to utah. and since one of my wishes is to get this blog printed into a book (since i've now had it for almost 4 years), i figured i'd better play catch up and post my stuff on here... so here goes... the last two months!!!

one of the first pictures i took where i actually saw the "light" in cameron's eyes and a REAL smile!!! that NEVER happened before we have been on this journey with new hope academy and "mr. max", our therapist.

one of the highlights of the two months i was there. getting together with two old roommates and their fiances. peter, casey (aka barbara), bruce, danielle (who, may i mention were totally dating when tyler and i were back in 2003. actually, danielle told me they were dating the semester BEFORE tyler and i started dating, which would have been fall 2002... they are finally tying the knot- like 8 years later- amazing huh!), me and tysome of my best roommates ever!
bear lake- van, isaac, and macey
mimi
at the park by my parents house in alpine. best buddies.
ignore my swollen belly... i loved her face in this picture though, if you can even see it with the great camera i have
my grandpa beckstrand and macey on our family night picnic at the park. while taking this picture, i might have gotten teary eyed, thinking, "this is one of those pictures i will one day treasure completely."cam and ty at the top of "badger mountain." the "biggest" mountain (or hill) in the tri cities.
isaac and his first visit to the dentist. yes, that is only the top of his chair that his body is on. his legs were propped up on a pillow. this was just last week here at home.
mimi's first real haircut with kevy in american fork.
another highlight from the trip... katie heninger and i at cheesecake factory. love her. been friends since junior year when my parents moved to idaho.
mimi and cam at my mom's
love his eyes. they have honestly never looked like this. so bright.
macey holding ethan, my sister heather's twin boy
cam and isaac holding ethan and sydney (heather's twins)
you'll be glad to know that macey is potty trained (with the exception of diapers on during naps and bedtime- with some accidents here and there) and we have been binki free for 4 days... she doesn't even ask for it! yay!
macey eating her popsicle in grandma beckstrand's backyard
great grandma beckstrand and the kids
showing great grandma their popsicles
love this one
that's our trip in a nutshell. lots of sitting around at grandma's, learning how to behave and listening to very basic directions from mom. when you spend 6 years parenting one way, it's going to take a lot of time for them to finally get the hint that i'm not going back to my old ways of letting them get away with not listening and not respecting me. i'll write more about those details in a later post.

6 comments:

  1. Did I know that you and Danielle were roommates? I must have forgotten, because she was my roommate too. I had to double take to see that she was marrying the same guy I remember her dating. What's taken so long? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know if you knew danielle and i lived together ashley... she and i lived together winter semester 2003. she is totally marrying bruce in october in san diego... i would totally be going if i wasn't going to be 6 weeks away from my due date. bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay is that Casey from when I lived with you guys in Navoo 2002? She is such a knock out! What a cutie, so happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post. Although it is a bit discouraging that a 1 year old is more fashionable than I am. Ha ha. We miss you guys! I hope we can visit sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i just read this post and my forhead is soooo shiny! haha love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just read this and sad all the friends you saw were mentioned as a highlight of your trip except for me. and i even made the effort to come down there several times to see you!!! :(

    ReplyDelete