Monday, October 25, 2010

six years

can you tell a difference in this little boy's eyes? the first two pictures are from last fall. just before we moved up here to washington. the third picture is about a month into therapy and "new hope academy." i can tell a HUGE difference. his smile is way more genuine and real... not forced and trying to be someone he is not. we still get that forced smile. but it's not the only smile he has now! and his eyes have a light in them now... whereas before, they were usually empty.


there is a little boy in there... he's just starting to show it... sometimes!

six years ago today, i had my first baby. cameron and i had a rough start... i had a rough adjustment to being a mom. he was a HARD baby. very high maintenance. he cried A LOT! i had him in the doctors office every month after he turned 2 months old... i remember telling the doctor, "ever since he got his first immunizations, he is so fussy and cries all the time!!!" he didn't believe me. i don't know what happened. but i do know that i struggled to enjoy being a mom. i struggled over losing sleep, over having someone else to take care of 24/7, over not feeling much support or understanding from my husband. (i'm not ripping on tyler. he just didn't "get" why i didn't LOVE being a mom and why i needed help- all the time). it was hard for me. cameron drained me... for 5 1/2 long years, he drained me.

but we are on the up-swing. our relationship is getting better. i can truly say i love him more now than i ever have. and this process of having a child with rad is more about changing me. not him. it's about teaching me to slow down. to simplify. to teach my children to be respectful and obedient. to rely on the lord. to pray. attend the temple. study my scriptures. use the spirit DAILY. this process is way more about me than him. and i can honestly say, i really am changing. i love you cam!

what a blessing he is. we love you cam!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this post.

    I am stronger and more patient, and less judgemental because of my son. It's hard- but we all are better for it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany-
    Cameron is so handsome!
    Actually, your entire family is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that Cameron is doing so much better. Those are some pretty cute kiddos. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the difference in his eyes! You are one cute boy Cam! of course Isaac and Macey are adorable too. Love to all of you, and I will be anxious to see you in person in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell a difference. In both of you. You're both changing for the better :) I know it's been hard, and it probably won't be easy any time soon. But I know the Lord is with you and He wants you both to be happy. You're His children, and He loves you. Thanks for sharing, and for reminding me to take time to simply be with and love on my kids. *B

    ReplyDelete